Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Recap of the week!



This past weekend/week has been full of many adventures...To begin, My best friend Janie and I got to go lead a group of girls for Disciple now at Summerville Baptist Church in Phenix City, Alabama. The weekend was so much fun, and as wonderful as it was to lead the girls, I found myself being refreshed and renewed in a whole new way! God is so good! I can't say it enough!!

Here are some pics from the weekend...

Some of my sweet Sr. High girls :)


Janie and her group of Jr. High Girls

Brandi, One of the biggest highlights to my whole weekend! Such a joy to be around!
Janie and I! So glad we were able to lead together!
It really was such a great weekend to get to know the youth at Summerville and encourage them as some began to investigate and others fall more and more in love with Jesus!

As the weekend came to a close, Janie and I headed back to Troy where we hit the ground running with school work. For those of you who don't know I am an Elementary Education major, and am beginning to feel it more this semester than ever!
These are the classes I am taking this semester:
Language and Literacy, Integrating Physical Education, Integrating Music, Integrating Art, and Children's Literature.
Wait...I know what you're thinking, they sound easy, and they are so much fun, but they all require a lot of effort and work. Of all my classes, Music is by far the most entertaining! So far we have made home made instruments, ( I made a guitar and tambourine) we are learning to play the recorder, and the most recent assignment...Making puppets! Not only did we have to bring our new friends to class, but we had to lead the class in song, using them! haha oh how i have really gone back to my childhood memories! Who could complain though?! I get to sing with puppets for a grade!

Meet Marvin the Monkey and Priscilla the Parrot...


I'll definitely be sure to keep you posted on my adventures to becoming an Elementary Ed teacher! I have a feeling, many more projects are ahead!
On another note, I have been cooking!! Sadly, I have been forgetting to take pictures, but I did manage to get a few tonight!

Simple but oh so Tasty!

Chicken and Pepper pasta, with Caesar Salad


Chocolate Chip Muffins for the leadership team :)
From a weekend of discipleship, fun classes, and great fellowship it has been a wonderful week! Looking forward to this weekend! Mom, Rachel, and I are having girls night! Can't wait!
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Blessings,
Han

No comments: