Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 2, 2009

1 Chronicles 16:8-36

Last time I wrote I shared that life hasn't been going as good as I had planned, but man now I am looking back and am so thankful for that time. After blogging i did the only thing i knew i should do and fell face down before the Lord and gave it all up!
Since then, I have been finding the most affirming scripture and am SO encouraged. I can't write them all out, but here are just a few:

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
-James 1:2-4

"And behold, I am sending the promise of my father upon you. But stay in the city (TROY) until you are clothed with power from on high."
-Luke 24:49

"Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually"
-1 Chronicles 16:11

"May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy."
-Colossians 1:11

Oh AND....

This was the intro to my quiet time this morning, written by Beth Moore:

"There is a name above all names

Let mine be lost in His

Hide me in His crimson heart

O, way of secret bliss!

One life alone is worth the find

Nail mine onto the tree

Till Jesus ever shining here

Is all beheld in me.

Bring him forth each day I live

And leave me in the tomb

I seek no glory here

Make not the smallest room

Blessed anonymity!

Count my life but loss.

Jesus the One and Only

Tread over me, Dear Cross."

"For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if justification were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose"
-Galatians 2:19-21

Nothing  I could ever write could top this, God is GOOD!!





No comments: