Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 8, 2009

To 2009!!

So I have made a decision to blog more and to not use the internet unless i have a purpose. It is so easy to "justify" as a college student why I surf the internet, but the truth is i have wasted a lot of time looking at stuff that has no worth, and hopefully i will put this into practice this upcoming semester. Leading into that one of my new years resolution was to log into facebook only once a day,( if that) and to not even think about getting on unless i have spent my time with the Lord. I had the amazing opportunity to go to ATL with campus outreach here in Troy over new years and the Lord brought me to a place of humility that i have never been before! It was during the conference that i realized i was not only allowing the Lord to take me to the next level in my walk with Him, but i was content with where i was, and this kind of contentment was not where i wanted to be. It was then that i realized i must first admit i am not where i wanted to be, and allow the Lord to step in and bring me to his feet and say i need you, not just half of you not in a box where i have been putting you, but i want ALL of you, and I want to go wherever and do whatever you have called me to do! All of this begin to unfold as i was laying in the hotel room with two of my closest friends and as i began to verbalize just where i was, they begin to share similar feelings. It was the coolest thing, and a moment i will forever cherish. It was so evident the Lords presence was in the room, and his mercy was pouring into each of our lives as we admitted, we are ALL sinners, we ALL fall short, and whether we struggle with gossip rather than drinking SIN is SIN and not even ONE of us is worthy! From that night on i have begun to wake up each morning with a new perspective of who I am and just how great redemption is. I encouarge you to begin spending time in the word each day, its a new year and our dear savior is waiting to spend time with you ...let him love you!!

Check out youversion.com It's a day to day walkthrough of the bible and by the end of the year 2009 you would have read the entire thing!! 

Part of todays was Psalm 18
verse 30 stuck out to me:
"This God-his way is perfect, the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him."

2 comments:

cbass said...

haha i was at the highlands tonight and someone said something like add me on facebook and i was like , opp! dont have facebook! hah it felt great.
proud of you bff . miss you.

ah and im reading this amazing book you gave me and its greatttt!

Jason & Melanie said...

Wow...Hannah!! What an amazing post! I can't imagine how God is going to bless this new free up of time to be with him! I believe your newest step in "Living life intentionally" will make a big impact on those around you...it definitely encourages me!
Love~ Mel