Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom!"


"Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free."
Psalm 118:5

Dad,
As I sit in my college dorm room today I cannot help but think of you. It is so cool to think that exactly 31 years ago from today you were also a freshman at Troy University living right across the street from my dorm in the famous "Alumni Hall" It was on the first floor of that building that you surrendered your life to Jesus and havn't turned back since! That very day, changed your life forever, and a day I know you will always hold dear to your heart. Its always been so cool to me of how your walk with Christ began, but to be here and go to the school you went to has made it mean even more. Not only have I been so blessed to be able to attend a University as great as Troy, but its this very campus that had a huge impact on who I am today. Because of what the Lord has done in your life, my life has been molded as a result. The blessing to have been raised in a Godly home, and to be a a "PK" would never had happened had you not said YES to Jesus that very night! So thank you for not only being an incredible father, but for painting a beautiful picture of what following Christ truly looks like. I love you




No comments: