Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 12, 2010

Hike to Stinson Beach!

Last Thursday we went on a hike from Muir Woods to Stinson Beach! This 5 mile hike was so much fun, and I got some great pictures along the way! It was so much fun to spend time with the kids and get to know them better. The Lord is really working in there lives through pacesetters. From being challenged emotionally, and spiritually, adding the physical part to it really takes it to the next level. It's been encouraging for me as well, as much as we are pushing the students we as leaders are being challenged too! I found this verse this morning and was so inspired...This is a great passage to read every morning before a good run! I guarantee you'll run faster, keeping this in mind!...

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Some of the group as we were starting off...



Tiffany and I...such a sweet girl :)







I tried to be artsy :)







The first thing we saw when we came down the mountain...What a view!!



The Beach! Oil free and perfect weather...Oh how I wish I could bring this to Alabama for you guys...



Enjoying some down time on the beach!



The group!


Another fun adventure in Cali! More posts/pictures to come soon! :)

1 comment:

Josie Fountain said...

i can see your heart for these kids in these pictures! and it looks like you're having fun out there.. the pictures are amazing! love you and miss you! :)