Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 1, 2010

That I may be filled to the full measure!!

Beginning another adventure, I went into work this morning not sure what the day would hold, and believe it or not, I ended up spending only about an hour in the office, and was asked to become a leader for a program called "Pace Setters" which will be going for the next few weeks here at Bayside. Pace setters is a camp three days a week for high school students that challenges them physically, spiritually, and emotionally. This program that was originally expected to have 30 students grew to (are you ready for this?) 70 high school students!! Needless to say, they needed adult leaders to help out and here I was! :) It already was so much fun to spend the day with the students as we began to build relationships, I'm so excited to see what lies ahead for the next few weeks!

The students went on a hike this morning, and although it wasn't a long hike, the leader purposely made it longer and harder than it really was for the simple point of endurance. He wanted them to ask one simple question...How much farther, and as soon as the first one asked, he knew the point had been made. After regrouping, Trent, one of the youth pastors on staff asked how many times we have started something and wanted to quit, or been in the middle of something like a hike, and although we want to stop and not go any further we have to continue to press on! Being one of the first days of pacesetters, many of the students may have wondered, what have I gotten myself into? but the point is this, to be a leader, and even a Christ follower, we are going to endure hard times, but we must press on! He then tied in, although it is inevitable that we will face those hard times where we do want to give up, how much easier will it be, or can it be to know we have God, who gives us the endurance to press on, as we have been made right with him, through the redemption of our sins! While the students were having there quiet time by the lake, I was able to have some time to myself with the Lord, and what a sweet time it was! The students were encouraged to read Ephesians 2, which talks about being made one in Christ. We, as christians, have been given the gift of grace, and "have been brought near through the blood of Jesus Christ." (v. 13)
I went on to read Eph. 3:19 which really drew me in!
"And to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Not some of the fullness of God, but ALL! (not leaving anything out!)! Without going into much detail, I have been dealing with some things that at times I foolishy belived I could handle on my own. Not necessarily saying, God I don't need you, but acting almost as if God needed my help! How silly I am, because even though I was never in control, I was the one missing out! He knows whats best for me, so why do I allow worries to take over my life that he clearly wants to have the reigns on. It was then, that I was reminded of this...He didn't say, my will is not your will which is true, but he said my thoughts are not even your thoughts! Wow, to step back and realize that. Even my thinking, dreaming, scheming, whatever I waste my time doing, his thoughts and even better plans for my life are better and surpass even my first thought! Without writing to much more I will say this, in that verse it says that you may be filled to the measure of ALL the fullness of God! What a prayer, and that is now the prayer of my life right now. Lord, may I be filled to the absolute amount of all the fullness that you have for my life! I no longer want to think or ask why or when things will occur, but am choosing to rest and allow you to stretch and use me in your way, as I seek you more and more!
Not my will, but YOURS be done!
(Luke 22:42)

No comments: