Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Set Free!




"To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

*John 8:31-32

Yesterday I listened to a podcast from Passion City Church by Louie Giglio. During the podcast he spoke about John chapter 8, but what really stuck out was his challenge at the end.Don't quote me, but it went something like this...
If you don't have a verse that is constantly reckoning and sustaining you this week...you are not a disciple of Christ for that week.In other words as Christ followers we should always be moving forward, asking and SEEKING what the Lord is speaking to us, and the best way he does this is through his word!

This could even be taken a step further to say daily...It may be the same passage for an entire week or one sentence that brings hope, gives peace, or sustains you during a trial; nevertheless, His words gives life and there is POWER!
It really hit me! There are often times I focus on the same passages (though there is nothing wrong with that) ,yet I neglect that his word brings light (Psalm 119:130)
and was written for me! The more scripture I expose myself to DAILY, I am the one who is benefiting!

So, with that being said...What is the verse that the Lord has shown you? What verse are you meditating on, breaking apart, and living out today!?


After all,

"How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.

I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word."
*Psalm 119:9 & 16

"The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple."
*Psalm 119:130

P.s Here is the podcast in case you want to check it out!


Praying his word speaks to you in a new way today!



No comments: