Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Breakaway Recap!!

Wow I'm slacking on my updates, so much is going on, but I want to be sure to keep the pictures coming! Last week the church had Breakaway, which for those who don't know what it is, it is Baysides VBS program, on a WAY bigger scale than anything I have ever seen! There were over 1300 Volunteers, and thousands of kids, so the program had a total of three sessions. I was lucky enough to serve during Recreation during the day, and work with 1st grade at night!! The theme was "Breakaway to the Arctic Freeze" so we met in igloos, and the whole thing from beginning to end revolved around the arctic. One thing about being out here and being on staff as an intern is to be able to help out and serve during events like this. Although this was for the kids, I promise I was just as blessed as the kids. The kids in my group were so much fun and such a joy to share a week with them as I was able to teach them about Gods love and helping them apply that to their lives. By the end of the week, hudrends of kids surrendered there lives to Christ! What a party the angels must have had in heaven, I know we were celebrating! God is good! :)


Welcome to the arctic Freeze!
(Not sure why it's cut off!)


The Fish Factory in the Arctic!


Some of my sweet 1st graders!! :)




Oh to be a little kid again! :)




Jackson and I

No comments: